Sadly, experience shows that lots of folks exhibiting clear signs of recognized mental illnesses go un-treated; one notable recent example was even elected as President of a powerful nation, whose stability is now at the ‘frothing-at-the-mouth’ whims of an easily-diagnosed ‘Napoleon‘ who, if beds were more available, would be tied to one.
But our subject for today, a lesser threat to Humanity, only ‘makes pots’. Pottery. (I came upon his story on a site devoted to ‘Poetry’ (!). Apparently he lost his way. They do that.
WONK-USER/ GOD NAMED ‘INPUT: I MOVE… KANSAS TOWN; ‘IS ‘TOPEKA’? MIXED UP MOCHA’S E-U HUES. AH, COMPUDEX! ‘I MAKE POTS IN ‘WOT’S A SNAKE VOMIT UP?’, ‘N I DEMAND OGRES, U KNOW…
Ok, his symptoms, in order:
1) Calling out to a ‘wonk-user, or a ‘God’ who’ll give him the input he needs. Good luck with that…
2) Deficit in ‘awareness of place and time’: Anyone sane finding himself in Topeka is cognizant of his grim fate(!).
3) ‘What color is mocha?!’ : Certain facts, like the European Union’s standard colour-chart, or ‘What is A Leppo?’ought to be known to anyone running for the highest office. And if not, the fellow needs modelling clay and supervision.
4) Perhaps the wonder-drug ‘Compudex’ is his problem? Odd. Like oxycodone, it was supposed to have been his solution…
5) Fascination with reptile regurgitation is a well-known danger-sign in cases like this.
5) The desire for quick-fixes/ monsters from Heaven. The real work of fixing the Nation’s woes will (will not?) be done by
normal, mortal, trained professionals. ‘Fire ’em all’ at the country’s risk. What’s next, boasting of being a great, great pilot, believe me’ because he has no ‘inside the seat-belt’ fixed opinions on how to fly a 777?
You Americans are lucky that this palindrome fellow here is only a dream-potter.
It could be worse. (oops, it already is!)