I have a lot of unrelated stuff to cover, none of it worth a dedicated post with cartoon and themed song. Read on:
1) Word count is magically back today. Now on the Reader you can at least tell whether it’s a two-line bon-mot or War and Peace. But:
2) The horrid ‘condom’ popup you get when clicking on a post in the Reader, (‘Condom’, because it protects you from instant contact with the actual post) is still in place. Plus: I just discovered that you need to position the post-of-choice near the very top of the Reader panel, otherwise The Condom only shows you the first line or two of the post… that all you wanted to do was read, dammit! Big Fail 4 WP, but that’s not news.
3) I’ve now discovered two other sites that have ‘Distracted by Zombies’ Disease. After five seconds loading their page, the screen kinda blues out, the hourglass or whatever from your mouse goes into an endless wait, and “YOU CAN’T KILL IT” without shutting off your computer and re-booting. It’s even best to wait five minutes before re-booting. I have no idea what the virus (or failed plug-in) is. Anyone can help us find out? The latest ‘victim’ is a site called ‘Moz-from-Xanga 405’ or something. WP sez I need to look at him. Sez he’s ‘Followed by sites you’ve Liked’. Problem is I never ‘Like’-ed anyone here. ‘Nother WP Fail.
4) I just realized that of a hundred or so Comments I’ve gotten, only one or two were from anyone not an ex-Xangan. What does this mean? It’s not like I don’t spend an hour each night commenting on loads of posts I find in ‘Topics’. Sometimes they even reply, but hardly any ever read me at all.
Guess I should just pressure everyone I ever knew from Xanga to get on here and suffer like the rest of us if I want more readers. Of course they’ll need to be as sweet as Present Company, to whom I’m eternally grateful.
5) Lost my second-last chicken last night. About 3AM I heard a ‘ cluck..CLUCK…OY, F*CK THIS!”; a bird being dragged off to lunch by a fox or jackal. This one, a ‘gift’ leghorn, never learned to sleep in the trees.
So now I can take a chance on planting out broccoli. One chicken who’s left can’t gobble all the sprouts. Or can she?
6) Also in the ‘Death’ category, my kitten, another one somebody just tossed into my garden for me to find, tame, and raise, finally laid his poor mite-ridden diseased body down for the count. I have no idea what feline malady could cause a furry friend to become catatonic, to cry day and night, to lose all control of its functions, and to just give it up. RIP, Kid. I tried my best.
7) The lawyers from the Israel Broadcasting Authority are demanding $500 from me. I haven’t had a working TV set up for 7 years at least, and don’t even listen to them on the radio. My car has no radio either. So I should be able to ask for a reprieve, right?
Sure, in a normal country. Where 999/1000 conscience-less yodelers haven’t already bald-facedly tried to lie their way out of paying the fee. I can’t even tell the truth here anymore.
8) Speaking of Hell, I also can’t approach an intersection and expect that the fact that I’m not signalling in either direction will be read as ‘I’m going straight, you fool!’ And that’s because 999/1000 drivers never bother themselves to signal, ever. Nor do they even look at my signals when I *am* turning. It’s just not an important part of the car, I guess. And somehow, this bitch and the previous one (with the TV tax) are the same disease. I’m clean, but suffer for their sins just the same.
9) I have so many doves who’ve learned to love me by now that I can’t set a beer can anywhere outside now, not for five minutes, without one or two of them sitting on it and pooping into the little hole in the top. as a token of appreciation. So I now have to carry a cup, a ‘beer-protector’ to place upside down on on every can. IDK, back when I was on Xanga I never had this problem! Another WP Fail.
10) Ending on a happy note, I did finally snap a photo of one of my better-disciplined bird friends. I call her ‘The Schnozz-ette’. Her S-O is ‘Jimmy’ (after (Durante) You may note the resemblence. I do worry that if she turns into a lush, with a beak like that she could drain a $3 beer in ten seconds.