Just Wow! Nothing else I did today can compare to the thrill of seeing Xanga back loading in a split-second, and not having that useless and annoying bar and its balloon blow-buddy filthing up my page. It’s also disappeared from my view at least, of other victims’ sites.
Now all I want is like, $30 an hour for the probably days I wasted of my life staring at “waiting for rd.meebo.con” in the task-bar (bottom of browser)
The screen-capture here, (courtesy of http://www.outspark.com) explains three ways to defeat the Beast. I used the third method and simply added the pest-site’s name to my Hosts file. The browser still tries to call the site (it’s in the page’s source-code after all), but is re-directed harmlessly to 127.1.1.0, which is the web address of my own asshole, or something similar.
“Get thee behind me, Satan!” Oh, and taste leaden death...